5.03.2012

Recap: My first Walk/Run Event

So my Agency hosted a Walk/Run event for the employees to encourage staying fit. So of course, since I am trying to get slim and trim.. I was forced coerced signed up willingly!

Check in was at 12 noon!: we were just hype that we got 3 hours of Admin Leave to Walk around D.C.!


So I got in the "Walk" group and headed off towards the National Mall in D.C.


Made sure that I hydrated along the way... with my handy dandy FREE water bottle thanks to the Agency!


The clouds broke and the sun came out making sure that we got just a little color while we were out walking around.. at this point I really wish I had grabbed my shades.. But looking at this pic of myself, I knew that I should keep walking and keep a good pace.


We made it to the National Mall by the Washington Monument and continued to walk down towards the Tidal Basin.


When we got there it was like SWEET RELIEF! At the time it felt like an easy walk... but today I am feeling it in my lower calfs.. I was happy that I did it and felt very accomplished. Some people didn't even make it to the end of this walk. There is another one on the 23rd, so I may just go ahead and do that one as well.. afterall, you can't beat Admin Leave to walk around D.C. can you?


And now on another note: This little birdy was making so much noise. It was so pretty to see this cardinal when I woke up this morning.


I scared him just a little when he saw me, so he was trying to get away. But, he stayed right there ...









Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments :

  1. Just found your blog and have really enjoyed looking around! Great job on the walk/run event and I love the free water bottle you scored! I know it's lame but there is seriously nothing that I love more than water bottles!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun day! And I really love your blog! You are so pretty! Haha and I love when you mention your handy dandy FREE water bottle ;)
    those are nice.
    have a great rest of your day!
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I strongly believe the only way people can get me to work out is through coercion these days. But I did love the FREE water bottle myself.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...