5.07.2012

Bridesmaid Dress buying and Bustin' Loose!


So finally I can check off "Buy Bridesmaids Dress" off my to-do list! I am a Bridesmaid in my first cousin, Qiana's Wedding in September of this year.

 Qiana and myself at my Parent's 30th Wedding Anniversary in 2009

I have only been in two weddings besides my own... the first was my Best Friends wedding in 2007 and then one in 2010 a few months before my wedding. 
The last time I purchased a formal gown before this one was few and far between... and my body shape  had definitely changed. 

If you notice.. lack of waist... and my average bust turned into a busty girl problem...


This is me in the wedding in 2010... this wonderful cummerbund was mailed to me the day before I had to hit the road for the wedding and it never fit properly.. the size smaller then this would've looked like a corset. 

So when I saw this pic of myself above, I kicked it into high gear in order to have a waist in my own wedding dress.. but it still left me with the dress sliding down post final fitting and STILL a busty girl problem... YIKES! look this pic below.. 

My Pastor could see almost ALL my goodies while my husband was in prayer. 


Again for comparison, here is my husband and I at the Inaugural Ball in 2009 just the year before! I mean where did those bosoms come from?!?


But since I had two dresses for my wedding, I was happy that I was at least able to get that waist and hip area down to a size that I was pleased... however, I could not get down from this now DD back to the big B/C that I was before...



So, now I truly hated the fitting for my bridesmaids dress for this year because I have put on some "love" pounds since I have been married.. 

Do you see the LOVE in my thighs and gut?! YIKES! and clearly the bust hasn't gone anywhere... here I am thinking that black would help as well as layers... 

but as you can see clearly illustrated below from here, this is my struggle daily -- 






What is funny is when I saw this comic below, I swear my iPad was laying on my chest as I was perusing this hilarious website.. LOL 



So they measured me at the bridal shop... and they stated that I was between THREE sizes
WHA?! WHA?! WHAT!?!

Basically, my bust puts me in one size... waist in another.. hips in another.. I had to order about 3 sizes larger and will have to pay for them to take it all the way in all the other places. 
However, this dress size is about 6 sizes bigger then my wedding dress!!! YIKES!!!

So, that alone was motivation alone to kick my workout mode into high gear! It is no longer a game! 
I will be giving you a weekly check-in.. (hmm, guess I should go get a scale) but at least I will tell you that I am working out and what eating habits I have changed. 

Lets just say I am not happy with my dress size, and I will let you know how many dress sizes I have lost before this September Wedding! The incentive is also that my 30th birthday is in September and God knows I do not want to be restricted in where I want to shop for a fly outfit!


miscellany monday at
lowercase letters

Most Clicked Link at :
Finding the Funny Party









Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments :

  1. lol. I can testify to every last one of those. I don't even look at empire waist stuff anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i would like "busty girl problems" and lose the big fat belly problems...

    http://lgoogoogaga.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/we-have-a-situation/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the great thing about busty girls---the curves! Don't feel bad about them ever, but definitely get yourself to a size that keeps you healthy. Good luck! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is hilarious, and of course i relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious. Kindof wish I could relate - I have the opposite bust problem. Very sad...

    You were one of the most-clicked links at last week's Finding the Funny party. We're featuring you tomorrow, and I'm pinning this post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I unfortunately relate to this VERY well. Although, hey at least my hubby loves it. I order Empire Waist shirts up a size so they can fit over the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness I can totally relate! in one year I went from 34 b to 38 d. so crazy! but hey, you look great cuz youre def rocking it:)

    thanks so much for stopping by and linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "busty girl problems" are common... I can totally relate!!!!!Don't feel bad about them ever...

    ReplyDelete
  9. In fact, it virtually created it appear as if she was carrying gloves! created of white silk meshwork, Chantilly lace, adorned pearls, and satin, the frock work the star sort of a glove.
    Wedding Dresses for Busty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...