1.04.2012

Gone, But Will NEVER Be Forgotten

Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy cometh in the Morning (Psalms 30:5)

It is interesting how you plan out your year. You put goals and plans in place, but you never really think that certain people in your life will not be around to see the fruits of your labor (at least in the physical). You were always told, no one knows the day or the hour when you will take your last breath so live your life to the fullest. My Father-in-law did just that.

I remember the first time I met him. He was in his very late 70's, early 80's and he was coming off the bus stop walking down the street, just bopping to his own beat. He had a swagger about him. And as I sat in the car with my husband, I said to him, "that is the most lively almost 80 year old, I have ever seen".

Sr., taught my hubby everything that he knows about music. It was Sr. that sat him down and taught him the fundamentals of playing the piano. Sr. gave us his blessing when he met me that day. And in Creole told my hubby that he should marry me. Good thing I know enough French that I can pick up on some of the conversations that they have because Sr. always called and spoke in Creole with a bit a English. It was his native tongue and it was what he felt comfortable doing. He came to our Wedding and walked with his daughters down the aisle... Hubby's mom has already passed away. I am just thankful that on that day, he prayed blessings to us that we will never forget because its forever on our Wedding Video. 

I guess now looking at our Wedding Video will be bittersweet for my hubby aka Jr.. It was one of the happiest days of our life, but its also the last visual memories we have of Sr. The last time I got to see him was on our (my husband and I have birthdays 10 days apart) birthday weekend. He took an impromptu trip to come and see his baby boy. I'm glad that my hubby got to speak with him the morning of -- but I am sad because his father is no longer here with us. I will miss the calls on every holiday and anniversary, praying blessings over us before he hangs up the phone. He is gone -- to be with the Lord and prayerfully to be united with my husbands mother... but he will definitely not be forgotten. His legacy will live on.

Rest In Peace, ASJ, Sr. (1928-2012)



Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...