7.18.2012

What's the 411 hun? (in my Mary J Blige voice)


As you can see I have YET to tackle that good ol' "About Me" Page... so much so that it is non-existent (for now) however, I love when some of my favorite bloggers post things that help us get to know each other better. If you want to know a tad bit more read here and here.

But for the purpose of this post. I will answer these questions and tell you a little bit more about myself.

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging for about 7 months now. I started blogging to kind of pass some time and get out some frustrations during the home buying process by reading blogs and posting ideas of what I wanted to do when I get around to decorating my own home. I thought that I would've been so gung ho about it all because I am crafty person, but lately I don't feel motivated to do much around the house. So... the blog changed to just be more about ME! My day to day thoughts and life experiences with my hubby with crafts and words of wisdom as I learn them through what I like to call Newlywed Adventures/ Experiences.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to the great Mecca of HBCU's Howard University and I studied Administration of Justice with a minor in Fashion Merchandising (one reason why my husband hates it when I go to the mall).

3. Where have you traveled?
Lets see... within the states I have been to California, Texas, Lived in Chicago for a bit, Florida, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Delaware,Las Vegas... out of the country.. Canada, Mexico, St. Thomas, St. Croix, Bermuda, Bahamas, African Countries (Swaziland, Botswana, Lesotho and Mozambique)... I am sure I am forgetting a few.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
First thing, I would tithe... then I would buy my parents their dream retirement home.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
It is hard to choose just 3...
1. People talking to me like I am a child.
2. Poor Customer Service on any level.
3. People who are the first to not encourage someone when they are trying to change their lives.

6. What is your favorite movie?
One thing about my husband and I, is that we go to the movies EVERY week... so we really have a favorite movie of the month.. this one I would say is.. Spiderman, but I LOVE Romantic Comedies.. I could watch Something Borrowed every time.. and Five Year Engagement.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Wine - I love a good Moscato (red- it does exist and white moscato)... I could drink a Bud Light Lime or Corona with Grenedine while eating Crabs, but not so much any other time. Liquor... I guess I am a Vodka and Rum girl.. so any drink with those in it. I don't drink a lot of water.. I know BAD me! and I love Ginger Ale and then SWEET Peach Tea.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Me time consists of Blog Reading and Pamper Me days.. so hair done, nails done, feet done.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
YIKES one store.. I guess it may just be Crate and Barrel or Arhaus.. as you can tell I would really like to finish furnishing my house!

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I am not one to get embarassed easily. So I have nothing immediate that comes to mind. Like.. I am seriously thinking of something that may have happened and nope nothing. Dag. If one does I will come back and add it.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
 I would love to relive my Wedding Day. It was such a beautiful day and I truly would love to relive every second of that day.

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I would have to say.. it would have to be newcomer Tika Sumpter
No real rhyme or reason but I have seen her in a few things and she could possibly portray the many facets of my life and emotional self. I am one who is quick to shut you down but can be as sweet as pie if you are one who is for me!

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
Ok, so.. I was the one who got fired from Old Navy because I lied on the application about how old I am.. then I worked at Auntie Anne Pretzels and Hollywood Video. In College I worked in a Nail Salon without a license, I worked at a Natural Hair Care Salon and I worked at Circuit City Express in the mall.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
 This is shortly after college.. at a Wedding in California. 

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I think I have my heart set on going to Monte Carlo

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
It's me and my boo.. and we working on expanding.


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Five Years from now, I see myself in Management at my job and active in ministry. Still doing what I do best and extremely happy with my marriage and my children.





Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Seems that we have a lot in common...majored in the same field and both love a good red and white moscato!

    The picture of you in your wedding dress is beyond gorgeous.

    I'm offically a new follwer and can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...