10.20.2015

How one dress changed my LIFE!


You would think that I would be talking about this dress that I wore August 7, 2010.. but NOPE. 
Ironically,  I am talking about another white dress. 
A White Dress that I purchased to celebrate my 5th year Wedding Anniversary on August 7, 2015. 

I was out shopping with my mom and we went through the dress section. After getting married and gaining love weight and then baby weight, I reminisced on a time in which it wasn't so hard to find something off the rack that I wanted to wear and wasn't bound to perhaps two stores. 
When I got married, I got down through bridal bootcamps to a size 10. I ordered my wedding dress in a 12 and was determined NOT to pay extra for plus sizes. 

I saw this dress ...


and tried it on and saw my fluffy gut and how the dress rose above my thighs because it just was not fitting right. I thought it was too pretty and used it as motivation to get myself back together! I had been on supplements and felt better than ever, but beyond getting out of my bed to go to work and walking to get lunch, I was not doing a single fitness anything.
 
SO... What did I do? I purchased the dress anyway and made it my mission (and the mission of my household) to go on a diet!
I decided I needed someone to tell me what to eat and when to eat it in order to meet my goal. I am not too disciplined in the area of making up a meal plan. 
The one that I found to be the best was Dr. Ian Smith's Shred Diet Plan. 
It was super simple and I liked the promise of losing 2 sizes in 6 weeks because thats exactly what I needed to do in order to look decent in that dress. 
I felt like I had done a decent job of getting baby weight off but I wasn't consistently getting anything off or keeping it off... lets face it - I love food. I am a self proclaimed foodie. 
I took a picture of where I started and went from there. 

I was off to a good start  - then about day 3 or 4 where I had to get creative with the two vegetables that I was allowed to have with my protein, I got bored. 


 I started making stuff like Jalapeño Sweet Potatoes and sautéed Kale. 
Amos was about threw with me and this diet probably after week one, but he stuck it out with me. 



I had to start looking for things on the menu that I could eat that would fit within my diet. 
I fell in love with this Ahi Tuna salad at Matchbox Restaurant.


I had to pick a cardio that I was supposed to do at least 5 times a week. 
I decided that my cardio would be 250 reps on a weighted jumprope and a youtube fitness instructor led class. I wanted to eliminate the excuse of not being able to go to a gym.



What didn't help is that I had to host two Ice Cream Socials for Probation and Parole Week --  



I HAD to cheat... I admit I have zero will power, but I made it up for it with an equally bland and super low calorie dinner. 


I leaned to my friends for encouragement and motivation and would send them pictures of my food to hold me accountable... except they would send me pics like this back. 


I signed up for every exercise opportunity that they offered at work. 



Even tried some kind of cardio square kickboxing thing... 


AND. IT. KICKED. MY. BUTT.


But after 6 weeks - I GOT IN MY DRESS!!!!


Have you ever tried a diet program or set a fitness goal that kicked your butt?! 

Needless to say, I will try this again.... much later on. 
 
post signature

2 comments :

  1. Scenery looks mighty familiar to me. Anacostia Park maybe?!?!
    Clearly hard work pays off, because you are wearin' that dress!!! Congrats on your anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...