10.16.2015

Easing Hair Maintenance with Nuby Tear-Free Rinse Pail


My child is one of those that has had a lot of hair since birth. The length is relative however, she has always had a full head of hair. It can grow and shrink based on the humidity. It also sheds and changes texture as well. It cooperates when it wants to and as you can imagine, my child does not LOVE to get her hair done. She tolerates mommy running my fingers through her hair but the sitting down to do something with it requires time, patience and the occasional snack, toys and bottle.

Gracia has had hair that grew in length at the same time changed from straight to extremely coily.
One thing that I have learned in trying to figure out what texture my daughter's hair will be is that in order to best care for her hair, it has to be consistently moisturized. The best moisture for her hair which is coarse and absorbent is water or water based products. 

The only downside to that means that Gracia would need to have her hair washed fairly frequently and for a child who has chronic double ear infections, water is not our friend.
I had to find a way to wash the hair of a toddler who constantly moves and flinches without getting a drop of water into her ears - and of course keeping the soap out of her eyes.

Then I was given the chance to review Nuby's Tear Free Rinse Pail. It seemed like the best thing to try in order to solve the issue of washing hair, especially since Gracia had surgery on her ears earlier this year.


Nuby sent me this Pink and Purple one to try with Gracia to see if it would suit my needs.

  

One thing for certain, if you know an almost two year old, you know that they are entering the phase of "I want to do it myself!" Gracia thought it was a bucket for her. I let her believe that for the moment because I didn't even want her to think that she is about to get her hair washed to avoid tears.



We have had the chance to use it for months and it is a staple at bath time. 
Whether I am co-washing her hair or using shampoo, it actually solved the issue of avoiding the water from running down her face and into her ears. 

For best use, I simply tilt her head back into my hands. I don't fill the bucket to the top but to a level in which I can easily control the pour and place the silicone base along her forehead and let the water drip down.
She loves it and so do I. 


If you have a child that is not loving the head over the sink experience and gets flustered with the soap and water running into the eyes, mouth, nose and ears... I really would recommend this product for wash day AND it appears to be Gracia's favorite toy to capture her foam letters in - so I consider that a WIN WIN for bath time!

Wanna get one?
Here's the Deets:

The Tear-Free Rinse Pail is another great Nûby™ product designed to make bath time easier and more enjoyable for you and your little one. It features a comfortable grip for mom, a deep, slender base for easy filling in shallow water and a unique tear-free edge. The tear-free edge is soft and contoured so it can be gently placed against your baby's skin to help prevent water from running into your baby's eyes while rinsing their hair.


*Just so you know, I was only given the product to review, and no further compensation was given.
 
 
post signature
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...