10.30.2012

Show and Tell: How I Met Your Father


Since Sandy has me in quite a funk, (not that she took my power and has me more of a home body then I normally am) but I believe that the weather outside has me a bit of a funk. 

This may sound weird but I thought I was getting sick the day that Sandy was on the way, but someone told me that my sinuses may be acting up because of the atmospheric pressure that Sandy was bringing with her ... now that she is just about gone I feel fine! Even cleaned the Master Bedroom, which can be a MAJOR feat at times. 

SO, what do you do when its cold and odd outside?? You find new blogs to read and write more posts that you can link up with. 
One of my favorite blogs From Mrs. to Mama does a Show & Tell link up and this week its about writing to your children or future children about their father, my future baby daddy aka the hubby. 

So this is a letter to our future kids about how I met their Father



1. Tell us about how and when you met your love and what attracted you most to him.
I met your father at a church in 2004 while our Pastor was the guest preacher at a revival. I remember that he was sitting in the Pastor's office near the door. We glanced at each other but never said anything to each other. A few months later we saw each other again at yet another church and he made sure to get my attention this time. He eventually sent a message through a mutual friend which allowed me to feel comfortable in reaching out to him via email and from there we became good friends. What attracted me to him the most was that from our first conversation, we talked like we knew each other all our lives - we truly brought out our true selves in each other and that is really hard to come by when you meet someone knew. Your father made that very easy. It was easy to become his best friend. His heart is SO big and he is the biggest teddy bear and will go out of his way to make sure that his family is taken care of.

2. Show us the very first {or one of the first} pictures you guys ever took together. {Feel free to show us more than one}
The top one was our first official pic that we took together as a couple. Of course it was taken in the recording studio... at this point we had been friends close to three years at this point. The bottom one was taken this year. 


3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.
Hmm... I don't know lets see - there are so many memories that we have together. Well first, our birthdays are 10 days apart. Our first birthday as a couple your father took me to a restaurant Linwoods. His good friend was a Chef there and he made sure that we had a great table and of course great food. We got to dress up really nice. Before dinner, he pulls out a Tiffany Box and gives me a Tiffany Silver heart necklace.. I immediately asked him to put it on for me. He really surprised me! and as I turn around he says if you like this then you are really going to like this and pulls another Tiffany box out of no where! He REALLY went out of his way to surprise me that day and continues to do so. And trust, he got his share of surprises for his birthday as well. We love showing each other love and planning elaborate things for special days.  

4. Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one."
Caring, Thoughtful, TALL (this was VERY important to me because I love to wear really HIGH heels and I am already 5'7 flat foot) , Loves the Lord and has a relationship with God, Trustworthy, Goal Oriented and so much more... what makes him the one?? Well, mostly this is hard to put into words however, I KNEW he was the one because of a conversation I had with God when I asked him to show me who my husband was and when we met it was followed with confirmation. Including a dream. 
Its a feeling that you just have.

5. Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like.
Our typical date night includes going out to dinner and eating some really good food either discovering a new restaurant together or at one of our favorites. Then we will always go see a movie that has just come out. It is one of my favorite things to do.




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...