10.22.2012

Monday's Musings: A Weekend of Celebrations



Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - I sure did.
 
It was Howard Homecoming Weekend - 


Something about coming back to your Alma Mater reminiscing and teaching the Freshman Class how you used to do it when you went there.. 


I can say that I saw A LOT of people that I remember.. Some have aged well and some made u look like UMM IS THAT???? YIKES~ all in all though it was FUN!!!

Mr. and Miss Howard University and their court during half time 

We always have celebrity sightings during Homecoming and sometimes on any given day on the Yard. 
At Homecoming I saw Laz Alonzo and AJ but also there was T.I., Meek Mill, Brandy, Lance Gross and so many other recording artists were in town hosting parties. 


Also, Howard University has most Alpha Chapters for most Black Greek Letter Organizations. One near and dear to my heart is Delta Sigma Theta - a sorority founded by my great grandmother when she was a student at Howard University. I will share more about how that came to be during our Centennial Founder's Day in January 2013. 

Our symbolic statue of Fortitude stands right behind Founder's Library in what is known as the Valley.

We WON our Homecoming Game against Morgan State and this is the winning touchdown. Sitting right in the end zone definitely had its perks. The score was 21-20.



Also this weekend was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Maryland. 



My Line Sisters got together to celebrate the life of two of our own who beat Breast Cancer and I also walked in memory of my Aunt who passed away a short time after finding out she had Breast Cancer. 


This was my first time walking in this Race for the Cure. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have been able to do it if I had not been doing 5K's recently at work. I really enjoyed getting out there SUPER early and getting a good walk in. 

Our Team Name was "Deltas In Pink" as our signature color is Crimson (Red).





I walked for her! 
I thank God for saving the life of my Line Sister. Had she not survived I would not have met such a wonderful friend and sister. 



She's a survivor!








Follow Me on Pinterest



miscellany monday at lowercase letters

1 comment :

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! I wasn't able to participate this year in the walk but hopefully next year! Have a good day!
    -Kristen@fewofmyfavoritethingsblog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to respond to you via email so make sure that you're not set to no-reply. Otherwise, check back here- I will try to reply as soon as I can. Trust me, I read them all. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...